Telegraph wins BBC Christmas awareness promotion
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 December 2002 11:30AM
LONDON - The BBC has struck a deal with The Telegraph Group to support its free-to-air digital channels.
Telegraph Group won a pitch against other national newspapers to run a Christmas campaign to raise awareness of BBC channels including BBC Choice, News 24, CBBC and Cbeebies and their availability through the Freeview system.
The deal, the first of its kind between BBC and Telegraph Group, involves activity in The Sunday Telegraph's television and radio guide on 22 December. The guide will be covered by its first-ever wraparound cover and BBC will also receive branding on poly-bags containing The Sunday Telegraph Magazine.
PHD, BBC's media agency, handled the decision to select Telegraph Group for the activity. Creative, which involves branding on a cover-wrap that opens out into a magazine spread, will be developed by BBC.
The selection of Telegraph Group to carry the BBC advertising follows several similar deals recently. The Mail on Sunday was selected by Safeway to carry all its pre-Christmas press advertising and Telegraph Group and Microsoft linked to raise awareness of new Microsoft initiatives through advertorials.
Chris White-Smith, the display ad director of Telegraph Group, said: "Yet again we've won in a competition for an open brief for everybody to come up with a solution. BBC wanted to do something a bit different ahead of Christmas and we are a good fit for them."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London
- Country Senior Sales Manager - DACH - top DSP Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + +£35k comm + bens, London
- Head of SEO Lipton Fleming £80000 - £90000.00 per annum, London
- SEO Manager - FMCG Account - Stand-Out Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London