O2 calls review of direct marketing account
By JENNY WATTS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 2002 12:00AM
O2 UK is reviewing its £1 million direct marketing account and has lined up a number of undisclosed agencies to present for the task.
The review will cover the mobile phone operator's consumer and business divisions, and is being overseen by O2's UK head of business marketing, Fiona McGilchrist.
O2 has a roster of DM agencies that currently includes EHS Brann, Proximity, Agency Republic and Tullo Marshall Warren. Only three months ago, O2 slashed the number of agencies it works with from 30 to 15.
O2's above-the-line activity is handled by Vallance Carruthers Coleman Priest, which recently produced a high-spending campaign to introduce the media-messaging service. The media strategy targeted a younger audience in its own environment using beer-mats, postcards, viewrinals, plasma screens in bars, TV and posters.
Its Christmas campaign communicated handset and promotional offers, while also aiming to build on the look of the campaign. Media is handled by The Allmond Partnership and PHD. The O2 brand identity was developed by Lambie-Nairn.
Part of O2's launch involved the multi-platform sponsorship of Big Brother 3. Its next initiative was an interactive partnership with Arsenal Football Club, which allowed users to interact with the club and team and offered match statistics and commentary.
The company's interim results showed it gained 171,000 contract customers for the six months to 30 September.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Producer / Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: +package, Manchester
- Junior Account Manager [Direct & Digital Marketing] - Superb Agency - to £27k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £27k + great benefits, Soho. London
- UK Account Director Haymarket Media Group Dependent on experience, Teddington, Middlesex
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London