Naked and Karmarama to reintroduce NFL to viewers
By MARK SWENEY, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 2002 12:00AM
The National Football League has tasked the media strategy specialists Naked and the creative agency Karmarama to reintroduce the brand to the UK terrestrial TV market.
Naked and Karmarama have a tight deadline in which to crack the brief with the NFL's flagship event, the Super Bowl, being broadcast on Five on 26 January. It will also be broadcast on Sky Sports.
John Harlow, a founding partner at Naked, said the exact media schedule had yet to be planned but that he would probably be looking for a media buying agency.
The relaunch project will focus on the spectacle of the sport and shy away from any technical aspects of the game.
"We are not going to focus on the ins and outs of NFL as a sport as it is quite complex for many viewers," Harlow said. "We are going to concentrate on the spectacle of the event. It is a unique project and one of the world's biggest sports events of the calendar year."
He added that the client was looking for a multimedia approach and had been impressed by the kind of work that Naked and Karmarama had done for Selfridges for its "Tokyo Life" promotion last year.
The campaign used a Japanese theme for a Selfridges retail promotion that included Japanese-style jingles on radio executions, street-side vending machines and themed point-of-sale material.
In the US, the Super Bowl commands some of the highest advertising price slots and is used by companies to break major campaigns.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Graduate Account Planner Havas EHS £16,000 + relocation , Cirencester, Cotswolds.
- Commercial Strategist - one of the fastest growing global innovation agencies Bamboo Crowd £30,000 - £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Web Designer become £38K, Hertfordshire
- Account Planners Stopgap £40000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account