O2 calls review of direct marketing
By Jenny Watts,, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 16 December 2002 07:00AM
LONDON - O2 UK is reviewing its £1m direct marketing account and has lined up a number of undisclosed agencies to present for the task.
The review will cover the mobile phone operator's consumer and business divisions, and is being overseen by O2's UK head of business marketing Fiona McGilchrist.
O2 has a roster of DM agencies that currently includes EHS Brann, Proximity, Agency Republic and Tullo Marshall Warren. Only three months ago, O2 slashed the number of agencies it works with from 30 to 15.
O2's above-the-line activity is handled by Vallance Carruthers Coleman Priest, which recently produced a high-spending campaign to introduce the media-messaging service. The media strategy targeted a younger audience in its own environment using beer-mats, postcards, viewrinals, plasma screens in bars, TV and posters.
Its Christmas campaign communicated handset and promotional offers, while also aiming to build on the look of the campaign. Media is handled by the Allmond Partnership and PHD. The O2 brand identity was developed by Lambie-Nairn.
Part of O2's launch involved the multiplatform sponsorship of 'Big Brother 3'. Its next initiative was an interactive partnership with Arsenal Football Club, which allowed users to interact with the Club, which allowed users to interact withthe club and team and offered match statistics and commentary.
The company's interim results showed it gained 171,000 contract customers for the six months to September 30.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Sales Director - Action Sports Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, London
- Sales Manager- Ad-technology Ultimate Asset £38000 - £50000 per annum + INCREDIBLE COMMISSION, London
- Senior Digital Marketing Executive PFJ £25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London
- Copywriter Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £40000 per annum, Derbyshire
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity