JWT unveils poster campaign for Smirnoff Ice free travel
By JENNY WATTS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 2002 12:00AM
Smirnoff Ice has unveiled a campaign through J. Walter Thompson to support its second successive year of sponsoring free travel across the Underground, London's buses and the Docklands' Light Railway over the New Year period.
The campaign, which includes four- and six-sheet posters and bus sides, will aim to reach a young, yet notoriously elusive, audience by targeting them in a receptive environment.
Viacom Outdoor's special projects team, Impact, signed Smirnoff Ice up for the deal, which forms a central part of a campaign, worth around £1.5 million, and gives Smirnoff Ice joint sponsorship of free travel throughout the capital alongside Transport for London and the London Underground.
The deal will give Smirnoff Ice widespread coverage on transport advertising sites across the capital, including joint branding on London Transport "noticeboard" sites and 300,000 leaflets.
The move is also the first joint marketing initiative between Ice and Black Ice.
JWT's creative work introduces the idea of "Christmas made clear", and exposes what can sometimes be false sincerity behind Christmas gifts or cards. One spot features a wrapped-up present, with a gift tag that reads: "Recycling the unwanted gift someone sent me last year."
The campaign will run through to 5 January next year and was written by Wayne Robinson and art directed by Matt Collier. Media planning and buying is through Carat in association with Posterscope.
Philip Gladman, the marketing director of Smirnoff, said: "We hope the Smirnoff Ice posters will make people smile during the festive period, and it's great that we can help people celebrate without having to worry about driving home."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Designer AF Selection £32,000 DOE + Bonus + Pension, Nottingham
- Interim Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + c/a + bonus , Central London
- Freelance Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £250 per day, London
- Procurement Director - Promotions / POS / BTL - Global Role Fill Recruitment Ltd £70-£80k Basic + Superb Bonus Opportunities + Benefits, Central London
- Classified Sales Executive Lipton Fleming £20000.00 per annum + commission, London
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Man Utd teams with Google for pitch-side digital competition
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- EE launches viral homage Gold Spot campaign
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper