Ericsson MMS mobile targets young
By JENNY WATTS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 2002 12:00AM
StrawberryFrog is encouraging teenagers to drool over each other in a multimedia pan-European campaign for Sony Ericsson's mobile handset, The Bar.
The telecoms giant is targeting an audience of 16- to 24-year-old style leaders and opinion formers.
The campaign has been created to promote Ericsson's relatively cheap T300 phone and camera and articulate its multimessaging capabilities, which allow users to send homemade mini movies.
The phone is nicknamed The Bar because of its shape. It includes the MCA-25 snap-on CommuniCam camera and is billed as the low-cost way to send images and music messages to friends.
The creative work introduces a mythical new craze that sees teenagers and young adults drooling over themselves and their friends as a mark of respect and approval.
The cross-media campaign will include posters, a special website, microsites, virals, radio sponsorship, promotions and further guerilla marketing activities.
The campaign also trails the website www.drool-uk.com, which aims to appeal to its target audience by listing a glossary of underground language used by the droolers, such as "droolster" and "ma slap".
Kerry Matheson, the marketing manager for Sony Ericsson UK and Ireland, said: "The dictionary defines 'drool' as showing an excessive appreciation for something, and we wanted to create lust and desire for The Bar. By creating a viral 'drool' sub-culture, we can target style leaders and opinion formers and help create a desire and buzz for The Bar."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Paid Search Manager Â– Leading Automotive Client-Up to £37k SYLEX Recruitment £27000 - £37000 per annum, London
- Creative Director Creative Recruitment £70000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Designer createselect Up to £35K pa, depending on experience, West London
- Technical Project Manager/Architect Red Sofa London £300.00 - £350.00 per day, London