Emap loses Yours chief Patrick after 13 years
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 16 December 2002 11:00AM
LONDON - Neil Patrick, the editor-in-chief of Emap title Yours, described as the media group's 'best-kept secret', is to leave the magazine after 13 years in the role.
Patrick, 61, leaves Emap in the spring to "find some new challenges". He joined Yours, which targets the over-60s grey market, in 1989 as editor having previously been deputy editor of rival mature magazine Choice.
During Patrick's time as editor, Yours, Emap's third-largest selling title, has increased circulation to 368,006 from a base of around 100,000.
In the January to June ABCs, Yours was up 2.2% for the six months and 5% year on year to 368,006, representing its 26th consecutive ABC increase.
Yours is the sixth-biggest title in the women's glossy sector and was recently described by Emap Esprit's managing director Carrie Barker as Emap's "best-kept secret". She added that, despite recent predictions suggesting the over-50s will soon have 50% of the UK's total spending power, advertisers had been slow to react.
Yours competes with Saga Magazine, which has a 1m-plus ABC but is heavily bulked.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London