THE BOOK OF LISTS: BEST DIARY STORIES OF 2002 - Hero uncle's inspiration for Mick's girly moniker
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 December 2002 12:00AM
29 March, and Mick Mahoney's image takes a bit of a battering:
In this business you meet some scary characters. Some use fear to keep staff in line, while others adopt a hard edge to look casual yet talented.
Step forward Mustoe Merriman Levy's Mick Mahoney. You may have spotted him swaggering up for his gong for the raunchy Agent Provocateur ad at the BTAA Awards recently. With no smile, hunched shoulders and a general demeanor not dissimilar to that of Ben Kingsley's character in Sexy Beast.
Even the name fits. It's a real "don't fuck with me, I'm Mick Mahoney" number. But we've made an interesting discovery - Mick is not the name he grew up with. That moniker is a little less hard-nut. In fact, it's positively girly: Tara. Yes. Tara Mahoney. Tara is, in fact, a boy's name in Ireland. He was named after his uncle Tara - a war hero.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%