THE BOOK OF LISTS: BEST DIARY STORIES OF 2002 - Hero uncle's inspiration for Mick's girly moniker
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 December 2002 12:00AM
29 March, and Mick Mahoney's image takes a bit of a battering:
In this business you meet some scary characters. Some use fear to keep staff in line, while others adopt a hard edge to look casual yet talented.
Step forward Mustoe Merriman Levy's Mick Mahoney. You may have spotted him swaggering up for his gong for the raunchy Agent Provocateur ad at the BTAA Awards recently. With no smile, hunched shoulders and a general demeanor not dissimilar to that of Ben Kingsley's character in Sexy Beast.
Even the name fits. It's a real "don't fuck with me, I'm Mick Mahoney" number. But we've made an interesting discovery - Mick is not the name he grew up with. That moniker is a little less hard-nut. In fact, it's positively girly: Tara. Yes. Tara Mahoney. Tara is, in fact, a boy's name in Ireland. He was named after his uncle Tara - a war hero.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account