THE BOOK OF LISTS: BEST DIARY STORIES OF 2002 - Hero uncle's inspiration for Mick's girly moniker
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 December 2002 12:00AM
29 March, and Mick Mahoney's image takes a bit of a battering:
In this business you meet some scary characters. Some use fear to keep staff in line, while others adopt a hard edge to look casual yet talented.
Step forward Mustoe Merriman Levy's Mick Mahoney. You may have spotted him swaggering up for his gong for the raunchy Agent Provocateur ad at the BTAA Awards recently. With no smile, hunched shoulders and a general demeanor not dissimilar to that of Ben Kingsley's character in Sexy Beast.
Even the name fits. It's a real "don't fuck with me, I'm Mick Mahoney" number. But we've made an interesting discovery - Mick is not the name he grew up with. That moniker is a little less hard-nut. In fact, it's positively girly: Tara. Yes. Tara Mahoney. Tara is, in fact, a boy's name in Ireland. He was named after his uncle Tara - a war hero.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London