CRAFT: Travis Sennett Sully Ross enrols the award-winning art director, Andy Lawson
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 May 1996 12:00AM
Travis Sennett Sully Ross has reinforced its creative department by hiring Andy Lawson, the award-winning art director, to help spur its growth as part of the Dentsu family.
Travis Sennett Sully Ross has reinforced its creative department by
hiring Andy Lawson, the award-winning art director, to help spur its
growth as part of the Dentsu family.
As head of art, Lawson will work with Gill Sully, who was promoted to
creative director when the agency parted company with her former art
director, Terry Ross (Campaign, 8 March).
Lawson, 39, a Campaign, D&AD and Creative Circle award winner for
clients including LWT, Pepsi, NEC and Albany Life, has been hired to add
muscle to Travis Sennett’s creative department.
The agency, which is best known for its work on English Riviera, Patak
spices, and - most recently - the pounds 3 million launch of the Yakult
health drink, claims a 75 per cent billings increase between 1994 and
Peter Travis, the agency’s managing director, said: ‘Our ambition is for
very significant growth and Andy will play a big part in helping us
Lawson’s hiring brings to an end a ten-week search for a head of art.
Sully said: ‘Not only does Andy have a brilliant book, but I feel he
will fit in very well.’
Lawson’s agency career began in the early 80s at GGT and was followed by
four years at Lowe Howard-Spink. He was head of art at BBDO and Burkitt
Weinreich Bryant before a stint at Chiat Day. For the past two years he
has been freelancing.
Meanwhile, Mellors Reay and Partners has raided its sister agency, Grey,
to hire the art director and creative group head, Ken Sara, best known
for his award-winning work on Nike, Diamond White and Skoda. Sara, 34,
will partner the writer, Jon Elsom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business