CRAFT: Travis Sennett Sully Ross enrols the award-winning art director, Andy Lawson
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 May 1996 12:00AM
Travis Sennett Sully Ross has reinforced its creative department by hiring Andy Lawson, the award-winning art director, to help spur its growth as part of the Dentsu family.
Travis Sennett Sully Ross has reinforced its creative department by
hiring Andy Lawson, the award-winning art director, to help spur its
growth as part of the Dentsu family.
As head of art, Lawson will work with Gill Sully, who was promoted to
creative director when the agency parted company with her former art
director, Terry Ross (Campaign, 8 March).
Lawson, 39, a Campaign, D&AD and Creative Circle award winner for
clients including LWT, Pepsi, NEC and Albany Life, has been hired to add
muscle to Travis Sennett’s creative department.
The agency, which is best known for its work on English Riviera, Patak
spices, and - most recently - the pounds 3 million launch of the Yakult
health drink, claims a 75 per cent billings increase between 1994 and
Peter Travis, the agency’s managing director, said: ‘Our ambition is for
very significant growth and Andy will play a big part in helping us
Lawson’s hiring brings to an end a ten-week search for a head of art.
Sully said: ‘Not only does Andy have a brilliant book, but I feel he
will fit in very well.’
Lawson’s agency career began in the early 80s at GGT and was followed by
four years at Lowe Howard-Spink. He was head of art at BBDO and Burkitt
Weinreich Bryant before a stint at Chiat Day. For the past two years he
has been freelancing.
Meanwhile, Mellors Reay and Partners has raided its sister agency, Grey,
to hire the art director and creative group head, Ken Sara, best known
for his award-winning work on Nike, Diamond White and Skoda. Sara, 34,
will partner the writer, Jon Elsom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Integrated Designer (Marketing) Premier Media £35,000 pa, Central London
- Digital Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30 - £38 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £37000 - £45000 per annum + competitive compensation & benefits packge, London