Apple dumps Carat for Omnicom’s new pan-Euro operation
By ELEANOR TRICKETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 July 1998 12:00AM
Apple Computer has split with Carat and awarded its pan-European media planning and buying task to Omnicom’s Optimum Media Direction.
Apple Computer has split with Carat and awarded its pan-European
media planning and buying task to Omnicom’s Optimum Media Direction.
Carat was only awarded the pounds 10 million business last October after
a two-way pitch against OMD. The decision to award the pan-European task
to OMD effectively centralises the entire global Apple advertising
business into the Omnicom group.
In the UK, the move means that BBJ Media Services - which last October
won a further pounds 5 million piece of Apple business on the back of
the Carat win - will be pulled off the roster.
Manning Gottlieb Media, the media agency in which Omnicom took a
majority stake last year, will take over and is expected to lead the
pan-European strategy, pulling on OMD’s resources.
BBJ kicked off its Apple Mac account win last year with the UK
distribution of the ’think different’ campaign, which was created in the
US by TBWA/Chiat Day.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Project Manager (Digital) Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe
- Assistant Brand Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £28000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, M3-A3 Corridor