Dodd lands MD role in MBA shake-up
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 January 2003 12:00AM
Maher Bird Associates has restructured its operation to make the former TBWA/London partner Simon Dodd its new managing director.
Dodd, who only joined MBA six months ago as a managing partner, steps up to replace the current managing director, Graham Monk, who moves to the new role of deputy chairman.
Monk will now be responsible for growing new business and developing existing client relationships. He joined MBA shortly after its launch in 1994 and has been the managing director for the past four years.
As a partner at TBWA, Dodd ran brands including Thomas Cook and PlayStation UK. Before joining there in 2000, he was the marketing director of In Real Life, part of the Chime Group.
Dodd said: "I was employed by MBA as managing partner, and part of the plan if things went well was to become managing director now. The agency wanted fresh blood and my background is very much integration, which is what MBA is all about. I think MBA has gone a little too low profile, it is like a well-kept secret and needs to be put back on the map."
The role of chairman, which is currently held by the creative director, Graham Kerr, remains unchanged.
Stephen Maher, the chief executive of MBA, added: "We are entering 2003 with a management team which will ensure that our agency continues to succeed and maintain a high level of service for our clients."
Last month, TBWA/London yielded the creative account for Le Creuset, the French cookware manufacturer, to MBA.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London