BBH takes NatWest characters abroad in credit card push
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 October 1997 12:00AM
Bartle Bogle Hegarty is set to unveil its sixth commercial in the NatWest Cannings family saga, with a film showing Mr and Mrs Canning enjoying a child-free weekend break in Barcelona.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty is set to unveil its sixth commercial in the
NatWest Cannings family saga, with a film showing Mr and Mrs Canning
enjoying a child-free weekend break in Barcelona.
The Cannings campaign -starring the actors, Gary Olsen and Samantha
Beckinsale, as a married couple juggling their finances - positions
NatWest as the facilitator that allows the family to fulfil their
dreams. The campaign, which broke with a 60-second teaser in July last
year, places a heavy emphasis on off-peak airtime.
So far the family has left the city for the country, Dad has set up his
own taxi firm, they have dealt with household insurance problems, the
possibility of Cheryl, the niece, leaving home and had an abortive day
trip to the rain-soaked seaside.
The latest ad is NatWest’s attempt to boost its reputation as a
credit-card supplier in the face of competition from US card brands and
other new entrants such as Goldfish. It shows Mum and Dad on holiday in
Barcelona, the result of having collected enough Air Miles through a
NatWest credit card to pay for the flight.
Ian Schoolar, head of brand communication at NatWest, said: ’The Air
Miles proposition represents NatWest’s commitment to give our customers
a return on their loyalty to the brand.’
The commercial was written by Bruce Crouch and art directed by Graham
Watson. It breaks on ITV, Channel 5 and satellite channels on 7
Media planning and buying is by Motive.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel