NEWS: Top agencies hit by new bout of hi-tech computer burglary
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 November 1995 12:00AM
Several advertising agencies were in turmoil this week following one of the worst spates of computer crime seen in central London.
Several advertising agencies were in turmoil this week following one of
the worst spates of computer crime seen in central London.
Michaelides and Bednash is the latest company to be targeted by thieves
looking for expensive computer chips and lap-tops. The media strategy
company lost thousands of pounds worth of equipment in a raid last
Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Initiative Media and CIA Medianetwork have also
been hit by thieves over the past few days. In some cases, agencies have
lost vital business data and sensitive new-business information.
Graham Bednash, a partner in Michaelides and Bednash, said that the
prevalence of Apple Macs in the advertising industry is making these
companies prime targets for thieves. ‘It’s almost as though the thieves
are working their way through Alf,’ he said, referring to the
Michaelides and Bednash lost eight Apple Macs as well as computer chips
in the raid.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London