NEWS: Top agencies hit by new bout of hi-tech computer burglary
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 November 1995 12:00AM
Several advertising agencies were in turmoil this week following one of the worst spates of computer crime seen in central London.
Several advertising agencies were in turmoil this week following one of
the worst spates of computer crime seen in central London.
Michaelides and Bednash is the latest company to be targeted by thieves
looking for expensive computer chips and lap-tops. The media strategy
company lost thousands of pounds worth of equipment in a raid last
Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Initiative Media and CIA Medianetwork have also
been hit by thieves over the past few days. In some cases, agencies have
lost vital business data and sensitive new-business information.
Graham Bednash, a partner in Michaelides and Bednash, said that the
prevalence of Apple Macs in the advertising industry is making these
companies prime targets for thieves. ‘It’s almost as though the thieves
are working their way through Alf,’ he said, referring to the
Michaelides and Bednash lost eight Apple Macs as well as computer chips
in the raid.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM Planner The Great & The Good Up to £100k , West End
- International Marketing & Sales Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Top 10 Agency - Central London - c£48k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd c£48k+, Central London