Microsoft appoints McCann Worldwide to Windows account
By JOHN OWEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 June 1999 12:00AM
Microsoft has chosen McCann-Erickson Worldwide to handle the advertising for its flagship Windows product with a budget estimated to be in excess of dollars 50 million.
Microsoft has chosen McCann-Erickson Worldwide to handle the
advertising for its flagship Windows product with a budget estimated to
be in excess of dollars 50 million.
The adspend for Windows is expected to be boosted later this year as
Microsoft gears up for the launch of Windows 2000, the much-delayed
upgrade to its high-end Windows NT operating system for powerful desktop
and server computers.
The Windows account had previously been handled by Wieden & Kennedy,
which continues to handle the software giant’s global brand advertising.
However, the launch of the next Windows operating system is likely to
carry some brand responsibility and puts McCann in line for more
McCann will run the account out of its New York and San Francisco
offices, and will work closely with its sister Interpublic Group agency
and the technology specialist, Anderson & Lembke.
Anderson & Lembke, which is also based in San Francisco, already handles
about dollars 100 million worth of Microsoft business. IPG is also
considering a merger of A&L’s San Francisco office with McCann’s to
create a single Microsoft team on the West Coast.
A Microsoft spokesman said: ’McCann-Erickson New York and San Francisco
will work in alliance with Anderson & Lembke San Francisco in a
specially created virtual team. We look forward to the creativity and
ingenuity that the combined McCann team brings to the table.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager - 35k, based near Victoria Source £30000 - £35000 per annum + performance related bonus, London
- Senior Marketing Manager - B2B Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus & benefits, London
- UI Developer - London - 25-40k Creative Recruitment £25000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Director Â–Integrated Retail Agency ADLIB £38k - £45k + Bens, Wiltshire
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition