Shell confirms JWT as its international ad agency network
By ANNA GRIFFITHS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 December 1998 12:00AM
Shell is consolidating its entire advertising business outside North America into J. Walter Thompson to save money and bring greater cohesion to its message.
Shell is consolidating its entire advertising business outside
North America into J. Walter Thompson to save money and bring greater
cohesion to its message.
The switch means JWT will take over about pounds 18 million worth of
global business currently handled by its WPP sister network, Ogilvy &
The company this week confirmed the plan - which was first mooted five
months ago - that all its oil products business outside the US,
including more than 40,000 branded petrol stations, would go to JWT.
Raoul Pinnell, Shell International’s global head of brands and
communications, said: ’Using a range of different advertising agencies
has not allowed us to maximise the impact of our spend.
’With this move we will achieve a significant breakthrough in
We’re talking about making our budgets work harder for our brand.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region