Anthem wins job of promoting London Knights ice hockey
By FRANCESCA NEWLAND, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 December 1998 12:00AM
Anthem has landed the task of promoting ice hockey to the British public by winning the advertising account for the London Knights, the only London team in the UK’s eight-strong Ice Hockey Superleague.
Anthem has landed the task of promoting ice hockey to the British
public by winning the advertising account for the London Knights, the
only London team in the UK’s eight-strong Ice Hockey Superleague.
The club, based at the London Arena, aims to promote the sport by
advertising in the specialist press and then using other media, before
finally moving on to TV.
Anthem’s first work is a print campaign which will run in specialist
publications until Christmas. The drive will begin in earnest in the new
year with a series of targeted subscription drives.
The press ads use the puck as the star, playing on its physical
similarity to a pill. The first execution runs the line, ’to be taken
twice a week’, and copy at the bottom explains that games are played at
the Arena twice weekly.
The second, ’will not cause drowsiness’, highlights the screaming that
goes on during the games and the third, ’can be taken with alcohol’,
explains that that you can have a good night out as cold beer and hot
dogs are available.
Andy Stevens, the Knights’ project manager, explained: ’The Knights are
a new brand within a new product category as far as the UK is
We needed an agency which could understand that dynamic as well as work
alongside our public relations and design partners.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency