NEWS: BDDH enlists four new faces
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 April 1996 12:00AM
Butterfield Day Devito Hockney has continued its hiring spree in the wake of retaining BT last month with the recruitment of four new staffers.
Butterfield Day Devito Hockney has continued its hiring spree in the
wake of retaining BT last month with the recruitment of four new
Three new faces have joined in account management - Nick Sykes as an
account director, Cora Byrne as an account manager, and a newcomer to
the industry, Gillian Nellis, as a trainee.
On the creative side, Nick Freedman has arrived to help with press
production, following the signing up of the creative duo, Caroline
Gibson and James Spence, last month (Campaign, 8 March).
Including the new hirings, the agency has taken on nine staff since the
beginning of the year and increased its workforce by a fifth.
The managing director of Butterfield Day, Nigel Long, explained that he
had been wanting to hire new people since winning the Savacentre and W&D
Breweries accounts last year, but that he had been waiting to see what
would happen to the agency’s flagship BT business.
This went up for statutory review late last year, but was eventually
retained by Butterfield Day after a two-way battle with Euro RSCG Wnek
Gosper last month (Campaign, 1 March).
Sykes joins from Cogent, where he handled the Cadbury’s Fingers and
Biscuits, Tourism Canada and Hovis Granary accounts. He will run the
Emirates Airline business for Butterfield Day.
Before Cogent, Sykes worked for the advertising arm of Austin Knight,
and was client services director of the online information service,
Maid. Long said: ‘Nick is charming and full of enthusiasm, with a
maturity way beyond his years.’
Byrne, who joins as account manager, was formerly at Doner Cardwell
Hawkins, where she worked on the Allied Bakeries and Highland Spring
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%