Heineken appoints itraffic to launch its 5% Premium online
By Mark Sweney, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 March 2003 12:00AM
Heineken has appointed itraffic to launch its new 5% Premium lager online following a competitive pitch.
The interactive marketing and advertising arm of the Omnicom-owned Agency.com won the business following a pitch against four undisclosed agencies.
It will work with Heineken's online planning and buying agency, mdigital, to create the campaign.
The work, due to launch in April, is designed to complement the above-the-line launch campaign developed by Clemmow Hornby Inge.
CHI's campaign includes three TV spots that see a beer keg parachuted in from Holland that pleasantly surprises the lives of those around. It introduces the strapline "Premium 5% Heineken", and will run across media including television, outdoor, cinema and radio.
Heineken has tasked itraffic with producing a range of beer keg-themed rich-media eyeblaster executions, which float across the web page and are interactive.
The campaign will run across a range of high-traffic websites such as portals.
Itraffic joins Heineken's roster and will work for the brewer on a project basis.
Heineken is phasing out its Cold Filtered and Export variants in favour of the stronger 5% brand.
The lager is being launched as a direct competitor to the market leader, Stella Artois.
The above-the-line campaign is CHI's first work for Heineken since picking up the £10 million UK & Ireland account last year after Lowe resigned the business to work on Stella Artois.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive + fantastic benefits package, London
- PPC Senior Executive - Family Feel Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London