ZenithOptimedia to run £10m pan-Euro account for Sagem
By Glen Mutel, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 April 2003 12:00AM
ZenithOptimedia has landed the £10 million pan-European media business for the French electrical goods manufacturer Sagem.
The account is worth approximately £4 million in the UK and will encompass TV, print and digital planning and buying. The pitch took place in Paris against OMD. The last agency of record in the UK was Manning Gott-lieb OMD.
A TV campaign is expected to break in late spring.
Sagem specialises in the production of electrical goods such as mobile phones, modems, optical cables and video projectors.
The company's latest project came out of a $50 million contract with the government of the United Arab Emirates. Sagem will work with the country's Ministry of Interior in managing and designing a system that will oversee the production and issue of several million electronic identity cards for citizens.
The win is an early boon for ZenithOptimedia UK's new management team of Antony Young and Greg Turzynski. Young joined the agency as the chief executive in January this year following the UK merger between Zenith Media and Optimedia. He previously worked at the agency's Asia-Pacific outfit.
Turzynski was given sole responsibility for the day-to-day running of the agency last month when his fellow joint managing director, Tim Greatrex, resigned.
The agency then promoted the former managing partners Gerry Boyle, Mark Waugh and Tom George to be Turzynski's deputy managing directors.
The agency's new business, brand development and the expansion of Alliance, its sponsorship consultancy, will be overseen by its newly promoted commercial director, Greg Grimmer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency