Grounds Morris nets Canadian Airlines’ UK creative account
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 September 1997 12:00AM
Canadian Airlines has appointed Grounds Morris to handle the creative work on its UK account.
Canadian Airlines has appointed Grounds Morris to handle the
creative work on its UK account.
The creative independent, run by the former Euro RSCG creative
directors, Steve Grounds and Rob Morris, will run the business in tandem
with Neil Campbell, Clark & Taylor’s former new-business director, who
has set up an account handling and new-business company to work
alongside them (Campaign, 11 July).
The three are preparing a print campaign, backed by a claimed budget of
pounds 1.5 million, targeted at business travellers, which will break
before Christmas. Media buying is through Manic Media.
The switch ends the airline’s two-year relationship with Griffin Bacal
and follows a pitch involving three other undisclosed shops.
The Calgary-based airline, in which American Airlines has a one-third
stake, is the result of a merger between Wardair and Canadian Pacific
and has struggled to build an identity separate from its larger rival,
Canadian Airlines is building its development on the back of a global
relationship with British Airways, which is aimed at counterbalancing
the alliance of Air Canada, United Airlines and Lufthansa.
Griffin Bacal was appointed to handle the launch of Canadian Airlines’
Club Empress business service, but little was spent through the
Campbell said: ’The main problem for the airline is awareness and we
have to deal with that. But its business-class service is more than
comparable to that offered by Air Canada. Also Canadian Airlines has a
very go-getting marketing team.’
Jenny Ruler, the marketing communications manager for the airline, cited
Grounds Morris’s creative approach to integrated communications along
with its ’hands-on’ attitude as the reason for the appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategic Planning Director - Multinational Advertising Agency - Dubai HR Source Very attractive TAX FREE salary, Dubai
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade negotiable, Sandringham
- Direct Marketing Manager Prostate Cancer UK £39,362 per annum, London Bridge
- Graphic Designer Major Players £20000 - £40000 per annum, Thames Ditton
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'