Duckworth Finn unveils Bauer work
By VICTORIA MEDHURST, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 September 1997 12:00AM
Eddie Bauer, the US retail and home shopping catalogue business, is launching in the UK this month with a pounds 1 million campaign by Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters.
Eddie Bauer, the US retail and home shopping catalogue business, is
launching in the UK this month with a pounds 1 million campaign by
Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters.
The clothing company, which has more than 500 stores in the US, 21 in
Japan and six in Germany, will open two UK stores this autumn, in
Bromley and Cardiff.
The launch ads focus exclusively on the clothing by digitally removing
the models from a series of photographs shot against stunning landscapes
on the US West Coast.
Michael Finn, managing director of Duckworth Finn, said: ’We wanted to
convey the idea of getting out and chilling out.
We shot the pictures in Seattle to capture the feel of the outdoors and
came up with the idea of removing the models to leave only the clothes
and the background. This way you can read yourself into the
The first wave of the campaign, running from the end of September until
Christmas, will include local posters, bus and radio ads for the retail
outlets. The Bromley store opened on 4 September, while the Cardiff shop
launches on 25 September.
A national press campaign in women’s magazines and weekend supplements
will support the catalogue business, launching this month.
The campaign was art directed by Mike London and written by James
Media planning and buying is through New PHD.
Finn added: ’More stores are planned, including one in a prime London
location. The company will only open at principal high-street outlets
and will not take secondary locations.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Manager/Director, full time (would consider 4 days per week) Wonderberry UK Ltd Dependent on experience, Farringdon
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views