CAMPAIGN DIARY: If you can paint some heads when all about you are losing theirs ..
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 September 1997 12:00AM
Remember when art directors were the only staff in agencies who thought they were artists? Rumour has it that this dates from the time when they were the only people who could put down Letraset without tearing the characters.
Remember when art directors were the only staff in agencies who
thought they were artists? Rumour has it that this dates from the time
when they were the only people who could put down Letraset without
tearing the characters.
Sadly, this affliction, known as ’having your head up your own bottom’,
seems to be spreading to other agency departments.
The latest case has been spotted at Ammirati Puris Lintas, where board
planning director, Malcolm White, is having an exhibition at Proud
Galleries in October.
Malcolm, like most planners, is self taught and his recent work is
themed around the human head. The paintings have names like Head on
Green and Head Looking to One Side on Red. ’From the chaos of markings a
myriad of glances, gazes, gestures and whispered conversation emanate
from the canvases,’ his agent froths.
Obviously Malcolm has used an ordinary day at APL as his
We await ’head in a Rover manual’, featuring the former AMV big cheese,
Chris Thomas, who is shortly joining APL to sort out Rover’s fragile
account, and ’head in a crease’ featuring Andrew Cracknell running a
pounds 148 million-billing agency on his mobile phone from the members’
pavilion at the Oval.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London