NEWS: OA&R consumer review prompted by departures
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 February 1996 12:00AM
Ogilvy Adams and Rinehart is reviewing its consumer PR operation after the departure of director Leona Mount and the loss of another client.
Ogilvy Adams and Rinehart is reviewing its consumer PR operation after
the departure of director Leona Mount and the loss of another client.
Mount, who ran the agency’s ‘lifestyle’ PR division left last week after
nine years with the agency at the same time as finance director Richard
Meanwhile it emerged that Italian luxury goods manufacturer Bulgari has
pulled its estimated pounds 50,000 PR account out of OA&R. The work will
now be handled in-house by UK franchiser Club 21.
Bulgari’s decision to take PR in-house after six years with OA&R follows
a similar move by Dr Martens, which ended its pounds 200,000 plus
contract with the agency last year (PR Week, 6 October 1995).
Managing director Fiona Driscoll said the agency was ‘down in numbers
but up on fee income’ and pointed to the corporate division’s success
with two recent account wins from Chubb Insurance Europe and Czech
She said she was recruiting seven new people including a consumer
director to replace Mount, but added she wanted to ‘refocus the consumer
Mount’s departure is the latest of several from OA&R’s ‘lifestyle’ group
in the last six months. Account director Laura Middleton left for Marks
and Spencer at the end of November (PR Week, 24 November 1995), followed
by two account executives: Amanda Huntley and Suzi Meighan.
Meanwhile OA&R has appointed Kelly Smith as finance director to replace
Exact - who joins Whitbread as a finance project manager on 13 February.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - CRM (specialism eCRM) PFJ £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- User Experience Specialist Stopgap £28000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Senior Communications & Brand Manager Breakthrough Breast Cancer £42,000 - £48,000, Central London
- Marketing Communications Manager - Financial Services Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £40000 - £41000 per annum + benefits, City of London