Cancer Research UK chooses MediaCom for £8m assignment
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 April 2003 12:00AM
MediaCom has won the £8 million media planning and buying account for Cancer Research UK.
It won the business from PHD, the incumbent on media planning and buying for brand advertising, and WWAV Rapp Collins Media, which handled direct response planning and buying.
WWAV, which recently won the consolidated creative account, held the £4 million slice of the media account spent on DRTV. PHD handled media for the charity's £3 million brand account, plus some extra media activity for Cancer Research in Scotland.
The decision to hire MediaCom comes after a creative pitch, which saw direct response and brand work centralised. This had followed the merger of Imperial Cancer Research Fund and The Cancer Research Campaign in February 2002.
MediaCom's task is to provide greater integration between direct response and brand advertising. It will also provide systems to maximise the effectiveness of DRTV and press advertising through data analysis. Its first work is to plan and buy upcoming TV activity for Cancer Research.
Cancer Research UK's marketing director, Sarah Lyness, said: "We aim to merge our branding and response and we're confident MediaCom can help us to achieve this."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account