campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 February 2003 12:00AM
In our Private View feature, we unearth the ads that are rarely viewed by a global audience. This month, we ask Istanbul's top creatives to pick out their Turkish delights.
MURAT ISIK, Creative Director, Guzel Sanatlar/Saatchi & Saatchi
Born in Istanbul in 1967, Isik first made a name for himself in the contemporary art scene. He became a junior graphic designer in 1986 and then an art director at Ogilvy&Mather, Istanbul. After a spell as a copywriter at Young & Rubicam, he joined Saatchi's where he has been creative director for five years.
MITHAT BASOGLU, Creative Director, Ogilvy&Mather
Basoglu became a copywriter at Manajans/Thompson in 1991. He worked for several agencies, including Saatchi's, before founding Kumpanya Production Co. In 1998, he returned to advertising as creative group head at Yorum Publicis and deputy creative director at Pars McCann Erickson.
YASAR AKBAS, Executive Creative Director, Markom/Leo Burnett Istanbul
Born in Istanbul in 1967, Akbas has a degree in Communication Arts. In 1995, he joined Grey Group's Creative Point and worked as a creative director. In1998, he joined Leo Burnett Istanbul as a creative group director. In early 2000, he became executive creative director of Leo Burnett Istanbul. And, linking to our sister title, Campaign, we have a regular Private View UK section, featuring the opinions of leading local creatives
CHARLES INGE, Creative director, partner, Clemmow Hornby Inge
With a first in Fine Art from Oxford, Inge joined Lowes in 1985. He became its creative director in 1999. In 2001 he co-founded Clemmow Hornby Inge which was runner-up for Campaign's Agency of the Year. Inge has been awarded more than 60 Gold and Silver awards including two Cannes Grand Prix.
LEON JAUME, Executive creative director, WCRS
Jaume began as a copywriter at CDP, before founding Mavity Gilmore Jaume. He then joined WCRS, producing acclaimed work for BMW and Prudential. In 1995 he joined O&M as its deputy creative director. He rejoined WCRS in 1998 as joint creative director, but is now solely responsible for its creative output.
BRUCE CROUCH, Creative director, partner, Soul
Crouch began at DDB, working on Volkswagen and winning D&AD Silver at the age of 21 for Swan Vestas matches. He then joined BBH for a decade, winning Cannes Golds for Boddingtons and D&AD Silvers on Murphys. When John Hegarty left for New York he became sole creative director. He later formed Soul with four other directors of BBH.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager - Publishing Partners Portfolio Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Marketing Manager JV Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Greater Manchester
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch