PepsiCo hands new UK president Glenn control of key lines
By Glen Mutel, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 May 2003 12:00AM
The president of Walkers Snacks, Martin Glenn, will take control of several key PepsiCo brands, following his promotion to a newly created UK role.
As the president of PepsiCo UK, he will oversee the Pepsi, Walkers Snacks, Quaker and Tropicana businesses. This is the first time that the four divisions have been united.
The appointment is part of a company restructure of PepsiCo's global business. In his new position, Glenn will report to the company's international chairman and chief executive, Mike White, as will Marco Jesi, the recently appointed president of PepsiCo Europe. White joined the company in February this year.
Glenn's division will now oversee the development of brands such as Sugar Puffs, Doritos, Tropicana fruit juice, Pepsi, Walkers crisps and the energy drink Gatorade. However, the restructure will not affect the company's partnership with Britvic Soft Drinks.
Glenn will have a remit to move the company in any direction he feels to be in its best interest. He will have control of an estimated £40 million ad budget, which is split between a handful of UK agencies.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO handles the advertising for the Pepsi Cola, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max and Pepsi Twist brands, as well as the Walkers crisps range. OMD holds the media account for Quaker and Walkers, while MindShare has the Pepsi business. BMP DDB and ZenithOptimedia handle the advertising and media for Tropicana.
Glenn joined Walkers in 1992 and was made Walkers' president six years later.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager, Integrated Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Publishing Communications Manager - Job-share,3 days a week Stopgap £30000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Mid level and Senior Digital Project Managers Zebra People £30000 - £50000 per annum + great benefits, East London
- Visual Merchandising Project Manager - Luxury CG Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Wimbledon