MEDIA CHOICE: Ian Darby, Campaign's media editor, picks Energizer's "power mad" press campaign
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 May 2003 12:00AM
"This campaign for Energizer batteries avoids the usual cliches of the sector by using spoof recruitment ads in national newspapers and Private Eye. The media strategy perfectly matches the creative idea by placing the ads in environments where the ad might appear to be genuine.
"However, a closer read of the copy reveals that the job on offer is chief executive of Global Corp, a job for someone 'not afraid to put his cojones on the line'. The execution comes complete with a phone number that links to an hilarious answerphone message from the head of Global Inc. This is a subtle way of expressing the central brand idea of 'are you power mad?'"
Client: Energizer UK
Medium: Press ads
Media planning and buying: Louise Kemm at Initiative Media
Creative: Burkitt DDB
Brief: Build profile and personality for the Energizer brand
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Online Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Brand Manager - Innovation Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, Midlands
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, North London
- Planner Dahling Ltd £40,000 - 50,000 + bonus, Central London