O&M hires Euro RSCG's Nicholls as head of new business
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 June 2003 12:00AM
Ogilvy & Mather has appointed Serge Nicholls to the role of new-business director as the agency continues to revamp its management team.
Nicholls joins from Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper, where he was the account director on its £20 million Abbey National business. While at the agency, he led the team that won the Del Monte business.
The new-business post at O&M has remained empty for the past four months since the departure of Magnus Djaba to Fallon back in February.
O&M's chief executive, Paul Jackson, admitted the position had proved difficult to fill. "After looking at a variety of different people, it was obvious we'd found our man in Serge," he said. "He displays a natural entrepreneurial flair as well as the energy and drive that new business demands."
With the head of planning, Jane Cunningham, and the executive creative director, Malcolm Poynton, now in place, Jackson hopes that Nicholls' arrival will complete a line-up that balances experience with vitality.
The 31-year-old gained the majority of his experience during a four-year stint at Saatchi & Saatchi, where he worked on a range of Procter & Gamble brands before he became the account supervisor for Tetley bitter, Sony, WWF and Ariel.
He then moved to DFGW, where he worked on the Daewoo account before moving to Euro RSCG in 2000.
Speaking of his decision to join O&M, Nicholls said: "This was an unmissable opportunity to help build one of advertising's premier brands."
"There is clearly a revival underway at Ogilvy, with lots of new talent and fresh thinking, so there's plenty for the new-business director to shout about."
- Newsmaker, p12.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London