Agencies compete for Diageo GB below-the-line work
By Glen Mutel,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 August 2003 07:00AM
LONDON - Diageo Great Britain is looking for a below-the-line agency to handle the marketing for its premium range of alcohol brands.
EHS Brann, Tullo Marshall Warren and KLP Euro RSCG will battle it out for the opportunity to market Diageo's top-of-the-range lines, such as Talisker Whisky and Johnnie Walker Blue Label.
The pitch will not threaten Diageo's existing DM roster, which comprises Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel, TMW, Chemistry Group and Triangle Communications.
TMW handles the below-the-line work for both the Smirnoff vodka range and Guinness. EHS Brann handled the Guinness account before last year's roster review.
The move is the latest Diageo advertising review to take place this year. In May, Grey London won the Captain Morgan's Original Spiced rum account, beating off the roster agencies Bartle Bogle Hegarty and Mother.
Last month, Diageo began talks with agencies over its £7m Archers account. Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Mother, Fallon and the incumbent Saatchi & Saatchi have since pitched.
The drinks giant is also reviewing its Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur business with a view to creating a second place on its international roster. The £40m global account was held by J. Walter Thompson for six years.
Diageo's roster also includes Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy and Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push