Agencies compete for Diageo GB below-the-line work
By Glen Mutel,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 August 2003 07:00AM
LONDON - Diageo Great Britain is looking for a below-the-line agency to handle the marketing for its premium range of alcohol brands.
EHS Brann, Tullo Marshall Warren and KLP Euro RSCG will battle it out for the opportunity to market Diageo's top-of-the-range lines, such as Talisker Whisky and Johnnie Walker Blue Label.
The pitch will not threaten Diageo's existing DM roster, which comprises Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel, TMW, Chemistry Group and Triangle Communications.
TMW handles the below-the-line work for both the Smirnoff vodka range and Guinness. EHS Brann handled the Guinness account before last year's roster review.
The move is the latest Diageo advertising review to take place this year. In May, Grey London won the Captain Morgan's Original Spiced rum account, beating off the roster agencies Bartle Bogle Hegarty and Mother.
Last month, Diageo began talks with agencies over its £7m Archers account. Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Mother, Fallon and the incumbent Saatchi & Saatchi have since pitched.
The drinks giant is also reviewing its Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur business with a view to creating a second place on its international roster. The £40m global account was held by J. Walter Thompson for six years.
Diageo's roster also includes Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy and Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire