Emirates talks with London agencies to extend creative list
By Mark Sweney, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 August 2003 12:00AM
The Dubai-based airline Emirates is again talking to London creative agencies about joining its advertising roster.
The airline has approached a number of London agencies to conduct preliminary talks with in-depth discussions scheduled for the end of the summer.
Emirates, Dubai's national airline, employs an extensive global roster of advertising agencies that it invites to pitch for individual projects, operating in a similar way to COI Communications.
In October, Emirates launched its first global advertising campaign through St Luke's in an attempt to transform its image from a regional specialist to a major world airline.
The £20 million brief, which St Luke's won after a pitch that included 12 agencies including HHCL & Partners and Wieden & Kennedy, ran across 60 countries.
The airline's contract with St Luke's finished late last year, however.
Emirates is not looking for a replacement for the existing brand advertising.
Instead it is developing a brief to create a campaign to promote new routes as the airline experiences rapid growth.
Emirates is the world's fastest-growing airline, doubling its size every three years since it was created in 1985. It has recently invested £10 billion in upgrading its fleet. In February, it announced a 25 per cent increase in seat capacity. Its pan-Asian routes have proved to be extremely popular.
Following the terrorist attacks of 11 September 2001, Emirates delayed a full launch into the US market.
Emirates is also the first airline to sign up to be an official FIFA sponsor following its deal to become a sponsor of the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London
- Senior Consultant Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £68K + benefits, South West London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London