Agencies line up to contest new creative account for Jessops
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 August 2003 12:00AM
Jessops, Britain's biggest photographic retailer, is lining up agencies to pitch for its creative account as part of efforts to defend itself against high-street rivals such as Dixons and PC World.
The chain, which has 240 stores across the UK, is understood to be shortlisting up to five agencies to contest the assignment.
The move comes five months after the appointment of Symon Powell as its brand development director, with responsibility for brand strategy and marketing. He was previously the head of customer relationship marketing at Ocado, the Waitrose-backed food website.
Selection of the agency will be the precursor to a pre-Christmas TV campaign, which is expected to be backed by a £1 million budget. Media buying remains with Universal McCann.
Jessops was bought last year by the private equity group ABN Amro Holding Capital for £116 million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart