Agencies line up to contest new creative account for Jessops
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 August 2003 12:00AM
Jessops, Britain's biggest photographic retailer, is lining up agencies to pitch for its creative account as part of efforts to defend itself against high-street rivals such as Dixons and PC World.
The chain, which has 240 stores across the UK, is understood to be shortlisting up to five agencies to contest the assignment.
The move comes five months after the appointment of Symon Powell as its brand development director, with responsibility for brand strategy and marketing. He was previously the head of customer relationship marketing at Ocado, the Waitrose-backed food website.
Selection of the agency will be the precursor to a pre-Christmas TV campaign, which is expected to be backed by a £1 million budget. Media buying remains with Universal McCann.
Jessops was bought last year by the private equity group ABN Amro Holding Capital for £116 million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Business Development Manager Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Marketing and Events Coordinator Brand Recruitment £18000 per annum + benefits, Watford
- PR Executive Brand Recruitment £22000 per annum, Lowestoft
- Creative Recruitment Consultant (Freelance Specialist) Â– Blue Skies Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Commision Scheme & Benefits , Richmond upon Thames