Agencies line up to contest new creative account for Jessops
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 August 2003 12:00AM
Jessops, Britain's biggest photographic retailer, is lining up agencies to pitch for its creative account as part of efforts to defend itself against high-street rivals such as Dixons and PC World.
The chain, which has 240 stores across the UK, is understood to be shortlisting up to five agencies to contest the assignment.
The move comes five months after the appointment of Symon Powell as its brand development director, with responsibility for brand strategy and marketing. He was previously the head of customer relationship marketing at Ocado, the Waitrose-backed food website.
Selection of the agency will be the precursor to a pre-Christmas TV campaign, which is expected to be backed by a £1 million budget. Media buying remains with Universal McCann.
Jessops was bought last year by the private equity group ABN Amro Holding Capital for £116 million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account