Absolut hands Lowe global brief for brand extension
By Glen Mutel,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 August 2003 08:30AM
LONDON - Lowe has picked up a global creative brief from Absolut Vodka. The Swedish spirit brand is believed to have drafted in the agency to help it with a top-secret new product launch.
The appointment will not affect the Absolut creative account, which is held by TBWA\Worldwide, although the agency is unlikely to be working with Absolut on its new venture.
Lowe's extensive experience with the Smirnoff vodka brand helped the agency to win the brief. Lowe held the global Smirnoff account for six years, before losing it to J Walter Thompson in 1999. During its tenure, Lowe introduced the popular "through the bottle" campaign.
Absolut is owned by the Swedish company Vin and Sprit AB, and distributed in the UK by Maxxium, the wine and spirit distributor set up in 1999 by Highland Distillers, Jim Beam Brands and Remy-Cointreau. Vin and Sprit became the fourth equal partner in Maxxium in March 2001.
Lowe refused to comment on the story, while no one at Maxxium was available to confirm or deny the news as Campaign went to press.
The new creative assignment will not affect Absolut's media and direct marketing accounts, which are currently held by Manning Gottlieb OMD and Arc Integrated Marketing respectively.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Product Marketing - Securities EMR £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Client Services Director Twist Recruitment £70000.00 - £100000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Producer (mid-weight) - Integrated Agency - upto £45K The Industry Club London Ltd upto £45K, Central London
- Marketing & PR Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 + benefits , London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%