DDB Worldwide ditches BMP name after 35 years
By Mark Sweney, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 August 2003 12:00AM
BMP DDB is to drop its BMP prefix as part of a wider DDB Worldwide initiative.
The rebranding by BMP's parent company, DDB, stretches across its entire global network and will see the end of the Boase Massimi Pollitt brand, first placed above the agency's door 35 years ago.
A taskforce set up by DDB in April has been considering a range of branding options and has offered a recommendation to senior management.
The taskforce includes DDB Europe's president, Michael Bray, and the chief people officer and global chief strategic officer, James Best.
DDB is aiming ultimately to have one unified brand across Europe (as most European agencies have "first names"). A number of European agencies have agreed to drop their prefixes by the end of 2003.
Ken Kaess, the president and chief executive of DDB Worldwide, will make an announcement after consulting with senior chiefs including DDB Worldwide's chairman, Keith Reinhard, on the future branding strategy in September.
In April, Kaess outlined the need to focus on the core DDB brand in a speech at the DDB Worldwide bi-annual management conference in Scotsdale, Arizona.
A spokeswoman for DDB confirmed a recommendation had been made to senior management and was under consideration but that "no formal edict" had been issued telling agencies to rebrand.
A number of DDB agencies, such as Moscow and Seattle, have already rebranded of their own accord.
"No final decision has been made but it's something we've discussed," Bray admitted.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account