Carat snatches PPP Healthcare account in competitive pitch
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 August 2003 12:00AM
LONDON - Carat has won the £5m media planning and buying account for PPP Healthcare, a division of the French-owned AXA Insurance giant.
The appointment follows a competitive pitch against the incumbent agency, OMD Connect. OMD Connect, a joint venture between OMD and WWAV Rapp Collins, handles the media for the majority of AXA's brands.
The account will be run out of the Carat Direct division. Carat Direct launched in April following the appointment of Helen Davies from Proximity and handles accounts including Dell, Churchill and Weightwatchers.
In March, Media Audits launched a wholesale review of AXA's UK media account but this was called off following a renegotiation of terms and conditions with the incumbent. However, it is understood that Carat won the PPP brief without the assistance of a media auditor.
PPP will spend an estimated £3.5 million below the line, with the remaining £1.5 million allocated above the line.
In January, AXA announced, for the second time in a year, that it was reviewing its £23 million creative account, which was largely held by TBWA\London.
A long list of TBWA, Publicis, BMP DDB, WCFA Integrated, HHM and J. Walter Thompson was whittled down to just two and, in a head-to-head battle, JWT beat BMP to the centralised account.
No-one at Carat would comment on the win.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager, Clientside Hasson Associates £50,000 - £55,000, Central London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £30k - £40k, London, Soho
- Copywriter (fixed term contract) become £35-45, London
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Man Utd teams with Google for pitch-side digital competition
- Campaign Viral Chart: Edeka's 'supergeil' ad leads viral hat-trick for German retailer
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- EE launches viral homage Gold Spot campaign
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'