DIARY: Fire cannot stamp out Jacob's dedication to his new Starcom role
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 September 2003 12:00AM
Iain Jacob, or Tefal as he is known to his mates due to an imagined resemblance to those bald boffins in the TV ads, has had an immediate effect as the new chief executive of Starcom MediaVest.
During his first week in charge, Tefal had the bad luck of a fuse spontaneously combusting in the basement of MediaVest's West Kensington pad, leading to smoke billowing out of the building and an evacuation of the offices.
Staffers were immediately thanking Jacob for his arrival as they tumbled into the local pubs for the whole of last Thursday. But Tefal himself showed remarkable dedication in the face of adversity and took himself off to his old office at Starcom Motive's building to finish some work.
What a hero. Campaign would like to congratulate Jacob on refusing a golden opportunity to skive. Well done, Iain, we all admire your work ethic. Now who fancies a pint?
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager-Corporate Display Advertising Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + excellent bonus & benefits, London
- Planning Director - London Dynamic New Alliances £80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight/Senior Graphic Designer Source £23000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Project Manager 383 Dependent on Experience, West Midlands