DIARY: Fire cannot stamp out Jacob's dedication to his new Starcom role
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 September 2003 12:00AM
Iain Jacob, or Tefal as he is known to his mates due to an imagined resemblance to those bald boffins in the TV ads, has had an immediate effect as the new chief executive of Starcom MediaVest.
During his first week in charge, Tefal had the bad luck of a fuse spontaneously combusting in the basement of MediaVest's West Kensington pad, leading to smoke billowing out of the building and an evacuation of the offices.
Staffers were immediately thanking Jacob for his arrival as they tumbled into the local pubs for the whole of last Thursday. But Tefal himself showed remarkable dedication in the face of adversity and took himself off to his old office at Starcom Motive's building to finish some work.
What a hero. Campaign would like to congratulate Jacob on refusing a golden opportunity to skive. Well done, Iain, we all admire your work ethic. Now who fancies a pint?
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account