BLM poaches Carat's Abrahams for strategic planning
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 September 2003 11:00AM
LONDON - BLM Group has poached Carat's strategy director Guy Abrahams for a role that will see him working across its companies.
Abrahams will become BLM's strategic planning director with a brief to strengthen strategic thinking across divisions including BLM Media, Quantum New Media and creative agency Flint.
He replaces Graham Hawkey-Smith who is leaving BLM to launch his own agency. However, Abrahams' role will have more of a group focus.
Abrahams has been at Carat for four years developing communication strategies for clients including Cahoot!, News International, Heinz and Madame Tussauds.
Prior to joining Carat, Abrahams worked at Bates Dorland for ten years, rising to media board director.
Paul van Barthold, the managing director of BLM, said: "We see our strengths as a company matching Guy's. We are a choice for clients that don't feel the offering of big agencies is right for them and have a heritage in innovative solutions and planning. Guy has a very good track record on that."
Abrahams, who joins BLM this week, said: "BLM has a creative approach to media and it's an opportunity for me to join a company where clients tend to be challenger brands. If you want to provide bold solutions it's easier to do if you are David rather than Goliath. It will be good to use insight and lateral thinking on outwitting the competition."
BLM Group employs 80 people and has an income of £7.2m. Key clients include Domino's Pizza and Thomas Cook.
Earlier this month, it won the £5m media planning and buying account for film distributor Pathe.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London