Initiative hires Son as European communications chief
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 October 2003 11:00AM
LONDON - Initiative Media has appointed Isabel Son to the new role of European communications director.
The arrival of Son, from Young & Rubicam Europe, reflects Initiative's desire to build its planning strength by developing a link between account and media planning.
Son will provide European leadership on key accounts' strategic direction. Her priority is to supervise European communication planning teams, including Unilever's, to deliver an improved service as part of Initiative's "expect more" positioning.
Part of Son's role is to work with the heads of communications planning in each market, including Tony Manwaring in the UK, on delivering higher levels of strategic output.
She will offer leadership in recruitment and development of people, evolving Initiative's planning product, working with Initiative's research experts, collaboration with other agencies and on the planning side of new business.
Son has worked in advertising agencies, brand consultancies and on the client side. She worked in planning while at FHV/BBDO in The Netherlands before roles in international marketing at Unilever, Revlon and Gillette.
Mike Tunnicliffe, Initiative's vice-president and worldwide account director on the Unilever business, said: "We needed someone with a very different background compared with traditional media -- someone to give our planners a different perspective."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Community Manager Major Players £22000 - £26000 per annum + bonus, London
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, City of London
- Promotions / Online Merchandising Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Shepherds Bush
- Social Media Executive - Healthcare and Cosmetics (clientside) Digital Gurus £18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push