Initiative hires Son as European communications chief
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 October 2003 11:00AM
LONDON - Initiative Media has appointed Isabel Son to the new role of European communications director.
The arrival of Son, from Young & Rubicam Europe, reflects Initiative's desire to build its planning strength by developing a link between account and media planning.
Son will provide European leadership on key accounts' strategic direction. Her priority is to supervise European communication planning teams, including Unilever's, to deliver an improved service as part of Initiative's "expect more" positioning.
Part of Son's role is to work with the heads of communications planning in each market, including Tony Manwaring in the UK, on delivering higher levels of strategic output.
She will offer leadership in recruitment and development of people, evolving Initiative's planning product, working with Initiative's research experts, collaboration with other agencies and on the planning side of new business.
Son has worked in advertising agencies, brand consultancies and on the client side. She worked in planning while at FHV/BBDO in The Netherlands before roles in international marketing at Unilever, Revlon and Gillette.
Mike Tunnicliffe, Initiative's vice-president and worldwide account director on the Unilever business, said: "We needed someone with a very different background compared with traditional media -- someone to give our planners a different perspective."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London