Advertising bosses join US taskforce to help image abroad
By Mark Sweney, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 October 2003 12:00AM
Advertising heavyweights have joined a taskforce to help the US improve its image around the world. Members of the taskforce include: the DDB network chairman, Keith Reinhard, the Grey New York president, Steve Blamer, and Tim Love, the vice-chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi Worldwide.
"America is a good brand, but a brand that is losing friends around the world. We believe that this is a business issue," Reinhard said.
Reinhard told the Association of National Advertisers conference that foreigners view Americans as arrogant and that they often fear that American brands are taking over from local ones.
He added that the war in Iraq had worsened tensions between the US and other countries.
The new group, using the working title of Taskforce to Mobilise American Business for Public Diplomacy, also includes marketing chiefs from leading American brands such as McDonald's, American Airlines and Warner Brothers.
The taskforce will focus on developing programmes to help change perceptions of America and stem the negative impact on business, rather than creating advertising.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care, London
- Account Director Gemini Search £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Senior Project Manager (Digital) Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London