Agencies line up to pitch for Tropicana UK media account
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 31 October 2003 11:00AM
LONDON - Tropicana, the juice brand owned by PepsiCo, is reviewing its £3m UK media account, with the incumbent, ZenithOptimedia, repitching for the business against its fellow PepsiCo roster agencies MindShare and OMD UK.
MindShare handles the £3m UK Pepsi account and OMD UK handles the Walkers Snack Foods business.
Though agency sources say the review is confined to the Tropicana brand, the involvement of representatives from PepsiCo's European marketing team has sparked some speculation that it is considering a wider review of its agency roster.
However, this is considered unlikely and any further review process would, in any case, be unlikely to affect the UK Pepsi account as MindShare is in the early stages of a three-year contract. The Walkers Snacks business is with OMD as part of a global alignment with Omnicom and the BBDO network.
Pepsi and Tropicana are distributed in the UK by Britvic. PepsiCo recently established a central UK management team to lead development of the Tropicana, Walkers, Pepsi and Quaker brands.
ZenithOptimedia is on the PepsiCo roster via a relationship established by Optimedia prior to its merger with Zenith Media last year. It also handles planning and buying for the Copella brand.
Creative for the Tropicana brand, held by BMP DDB, is unaffected by the review.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business