Prager's Pimedia joins two for direct media launch
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 November 2003 07:00AM
LONDON - Ian Prager, the former managing director of Prager Proximity, is launching a media agency with two other direct media specialists.
Poem launches with a brief to provide measurable results in the direct media field.
It will launch with billings in excess of £80m as the three managing partners will combine their current businesses to form the new company.
Prager's pimedia agency, which has clients including Slendertone and Greenpeace, will merge with Orca Media, a list and data broking service owned by Andrew Creed, and Ekay, a financial media specialist owned by Eddie Powell.
Poem will have a staff of around 30 and will focus on growing new business from financial, mail order, charities and the not-for-profit sector.
Its offering will revolve around combining media planning and buying skills with specialist data and consumer insight supplied by Orca.
Creed founded Orca with business partner Martin Douglas and had worked with agencies including Wunderman on its Ford and Jaguar business and Proximity on RNLI.
Prager, a founder of CIA Direct in 1986, left Prager Proximity in 2002 to launch pimedia. Powell worked in advertising sales at Mirror Group Newspapers before launching Ekay in 1994.
"With direct media integration of services is really important but we need to put in-depth skills together," Prager said. "Data is such a complex area and with list buying skills as well this can put you at the top table of a company."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London