Vizeum snatches Teletext media account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 November 2003 12:00AM
Vizeum has won the £6 million Teletext media planning and buying account following a four-way pitch against Zenith-Optimedia, John Ayling & Associates and i-level.
As well as handling Teletext's traditional advertising account, Vizeum has been briefed to work on the launch of a new satellite-TV venture, Teletext Holidays. This is expected to launch next spring.
Teletext put its media account up for review in August with the company's marketing director, Marc Bell, overseeing the review. The incumbent agency, Manning Gottlieb OMD, which had held the account for seven years, declined to repitch.
Bell said: "Vizeum impressed us with its knowledge and understanding of our business and it used this to recommend a highly creative strategy that I'm confident will deliver great cut-through for the brand."
Teletext has also reviewed its digital marketing requirements and appointed DLKW Dialogue to handle its £2 million online creative and e-mail marketing account that was previously managed by Alcone.
DLKW Dialogue's sister agency, Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners, is the incumbent on the Teletext creative account.
Bell added: "Our Teletext-holidays.co.uk website has grown phenomenally in the past year; customer-segmented e-mail marketing will increasingly play an important role in supporting this growth. DLKW has handled our creative business for three years and delivered excellent results. Its sister agency, Dialogue, has strong credentials and will use the creative team's knowledge to deliver fully integrated campaigns."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Comms Account Manager- HUGE travel client £37K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k DOE, Based in King's Cross, London (N1)
- European Marketing Communications Manager Ninesharp £35 - £40 per hour, North West England
- Channel Marketing Manager Ninesharp £130 - £150 per day, Egham
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office