Bluewater changes advertising tack in latest BHO/FCB ads
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 November 2003 12:00AM
Bluewater, Europe's largest shopping complex, is trying to boost its festive season business with advertising using the theme: "Christmas is better indoors."
Banks Hoggins O'Shea/FCB produced the campaign, comprising seven executions, to remind potential visitors that Bluewater is the perfect place for their seasonal needs.
Brand Connection, which picked up Bluewater's £2 million media account in June, is planning and buying the campaign, which breaks on Monday using cross-track posters, bus sides, taxis and in press.
It marks a change in direction for the Kent-based operation, which until now has used the familiar blue backdrop as the basis of its advertising.
BHO said a change was needed to distance Bluewater from rivals using similar images and messages.
Instead, the campaign shows a couple camping in several unappealing locations.
They are shown carving a turkey, pulling a cracker and warming their hands near a flaming Christmas pudding.
The campaign was written by Jason Cascarina, art directed by Andy Lennard and shot by the photographer John Rentsen in Epping Forest.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- PR Account Executive, B2B Tech, London, £22k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 per annum, London
- Director Educational Enterprise Harvey Nash Competitive + attractive benefits, Birmingham
- Brand Manager - Country - Online Gaming Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South West London
- Creative Artworker Night Shift Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + pro rata, Uxbridge