Bluewater changes advertising tack in latest BHO/FCB ads
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 November 2003 12:00AM
Bluewater, Europe's largest shopping complex, is trying to boost its festive season business with advertising using the theme: "Christmas is better indoors."
Banks Hoggins O'Shea/FCB produced the campaign, comprising seven executions, to remind potential visitors that Bluewater is the perfect place for their seasonal needs.
Brand Connection, which picked up Bluewater's £2 million media account in June, is planning and buying the campaign, which breaks on Monday using cross-track posters, bus sides, taxis and in press.
It marks a change in direction for the Kent-based operation, which until now has used the familiar blue backdrop as the basis of its advertising.
BHO said a change was needed to distance Bluewater from rivals using similar images and messages.
Instead, the campaign shows a couple camping in several unappealing locations.
They are shown carving a turkey, pulling a cracker and warming their hands near a flaming Christmas pudding.
The campaign was written by Jason Cascarina, art directed by Andy Lennard and shot by the photographer John Rentsen in Epping Forest.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- E-Commerce Product Manager Stopgap £300 - £400 per day + 12 month contract, South East England
- Ad Operations Manager (Digital Advertising/Video/ VoD) Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + bonus, benefits, London
- Marketing Communications Manager Stopgap £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment £27000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, Manchester
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office