Play.com to sponsor Sci-Fi channel's primetime shows
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 17 November 2003 11:00AM
LONDON - The movie, music and games shopping site Play.com has signed up to be the exclusive sponsor of the Sci-Fi channel's primetime autumn schedule.
The deal marks Play.com's first foray into broadcast sponsorship. Play.com will sponsor Sci-Fi channel's three flagship drama new drama series John Doe, The Dead Zone and The Visitor
James Bradshaw, head of products at Play.com, said: "Play.com is known for delivering outstanding value and a high level of customer service to consumers who collect special interest DVD titles, such as leading sci-fi programmes. As there's a natural synergy between our brand attributes and the way the Sci-Fi channel delivers its quality programmes for fans, we've decided to embark on our first TV sponsorship arrangement around the channel's blockbuster programming."
The deal was negotiated by Marian Peppers, sponsorship director at the Sci-Fi channel.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Content Manager Major Players £320 - £350 per day, London
- Research Director (Pharma & Healthcare) Trace £80000 - £110000 Per Annum + potential Equity, London
- Senior Client Strategist PFJ £45000 - £50000 per annum + + 15% bonus, London
- Category Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London