Play.com to sponsor Sci-Fi channel's primetime shows
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 17 November 2003 11:00AM
LONDON - The movie, music and games shopping site Play.com has signed up to be the exclusive sponsor of the Sci-Fi channel's primetime autumn schedule.
The deal marks Play.com's first foray into broadcast sponsorship. Play.com will sponsor Sci-Fi channel's three flagship drama new drama series John Doe, The Dead Zone and The Visitor
James Bradshaw, head of products at Play.com, said: "Play.com is known for delivering outstanding value and a high level of customer service to consumers who collect special interest DVD titles, such as leading sci-fi programmes. As there's a natural synergy between our brand attributes and the way the Sci-Fi channel delivers its quality programmes for fans, we've decided to embark on our first TV sponsorship arrangement around the channel's blockbuster programming."
The deal was negotiated by Marian Peppers, sponsorship director at the Sci-Fi channel.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency