BLM nets media task for f.c.u.k campaign
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 December 1997 12:00AM
Booth Lockett Makin has scooped the pounds 3 million media planning and buying assignment for the fashion retailer, French Connection, just eight months after the account went to Media Solutions.
Booth Lockett Makin has scooped the pounds 3 million media planning
and buying assignment for the fashion retailer, French Connection, just
eight months after the account went to Media Solutions.
BLM has secretly been handed the task without a formal pitch by French
Connection’s creative agency, BDDP GGT, a 50/50 partner with CIA Group
in the Media Solutions operation.
Media Solutions picked up the media planning and buying task in April
when GGT was awarded the creative account. French Connection had done
without an agency for almost ten years but in the past few months has
courted controversy with GGT’s high-profile ads based around the f.c.u.k
However, French Connection is understood to have been unhappy with the
media placement on the campaign and GGT was forced to seek an
alternative partner. Media Solutions’ director, John Carter, confirmed
the split, which he described as ’amicable’.
BLM already works with BDDP GGT on clients such as Hertz and Thomas
BLM was asked to organise the latest French Connection poster campaign,
which went up last week, booked through the poster specialist, PPL.
Charlie Makin, a partner at BLM, said that the company now had a brief
to plan all media activity for French Connection for 1998.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + competitive compensation & benefits packge, London
- Publisher Director Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- SEO Account Manager Premier Media £30,000 - £35,000, London
- Account Manager Livity Up to £30,000 depending on experience, South London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign