Columbia pushes S.W.A.T film on Emap digital radio
By Jeremy Lee,, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 26 November 2003 11:00AM
LONDON - Columbia TriStar has become the first advertiser to use Emap's interactive service on digital radio, for the launch of the movie release S.W.A.T.
The interactive service allows people listening to the radio via their Freeview box to use the red button on their remote control to access further product information. Columbia TriStar is using the screen radio service to provide further information on the film, starring Samuel L. Jackson and Colin Farrell, and the opportunity to win S.W.A.T.-related prizes.
Emap has become the first company to offer red button digital radio services after the company was granted approval by the Independent Television Commission to run enhanced screen services for its radio channels.
The S.W.A.T. promotion will run on the Robin and Millie drive-time show on Kiss between 27 November and 4 December. When Freeview listeners select Kiss radio they will see a branded screen with instructions on how to use the technology.
The mechanic for the promotion is the opportunity for listeners to undertake a target practice challenge for the chance of winning an action holiday.
The deal was brokered between Emap's broadcast innovations executive Ross Cunningham and Columbia TriStar's acting promotions manager Victoria Cox.
"This marks the start of something fantastic in radio advertising - the opportunity to interact and get more detail from the red button is going to enhance brand and direct response advertising from the medium," said Bruce Daisley, Emap national radio sales director.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Project Manager - Business Analyst - BI Salt £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Ninesharp £250 - £300 per day, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Executive Ninesharp £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Egham
- Freelance Project Manager - Leading Agency - £250 DR Digital Gurus £200 - £250 per day, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity