UIP moves £28m media business into ZenithOptimedia
By Jeremy Lee,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 November 2003 10:45AM
LONDON - The film distributor United International Pictures has shifted its £28m media planning and buying account out of Mediaedge:cia and into ZenithOptimedia.
The move ends a seven-year relationship between UIP and the WPP-owned Mediaedge:cia.
The media auditing firm Billetts oversaw the review, which was called in September. OMD and MediaCom were also involved in the pitch process.
The loss of the account follows this week's Campaign Media Awards at which Mediaedge:cia won a commendation for its work on the 'Jackass: The Movie' campaign.
"I'm very disappointed but have managed costs so that it will have a minimal impact on our staff, all of whom have done such great work for UIP over the years," said Rob Norman, the chairman of Mediaedge:cia.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region