UIP moves £28m media business into ZenithOptimedia
By Jeremy Lee,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 November 2003 10:45AM
LONDON - The film distributor United International Pictures has shifted its £28m media planning and buying account out of Mediaedge:cia and into ZenithOptimedia.
The move ends a seven-year relationship between UIP and the WPP-owned Mediaedge:cia.
The media auditing firm Billetts oversaw the review, which was called in September. OMD and MediaCom were also involved in the pitch process.
The loss of the account follows this week's Campaign Media Awards at which Mediaedge:cia won a commendation for its work on the 'Jackass: The Movie' campaign.
"I'm very disappointed but have managed costs so that it will have a minimal impact on our staff, all of whom have done such great work for UIP over the years," said Rob Norman, the chairman of Mediaedge:cia.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Staffing Manager - Experiential division - Integrated London agency - £24k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £24k, West London
- Digital Project Director Creative Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Digital Creative Lead Creative Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- F/L M-W Digital Recruitment Consultant (Tech UX and PM) £20-30K Dynamic New Alliances £20000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + iphone, laptop, bonus, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity