Naked takes gold at Media Awards
By Robin Hicks, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 November 2003 12:00AM
Naked triumphed at last night's Campaign Media Awards, taking the Campaign of the Year accolade for its work on The Number 118 118.
The campaign, which won the gold award, has achieved almost double the awareness (82 per cent) of rival directory enquiries players such as BT and Conduit since its launch this August. The campaign involved hired actors, 118 logo vests being given away and street-based media to spread the word of the moustachioed runners. The campaign, with creative by WCRS, was also awarded Best Total Communications Programme.
Tony Ball, the former chief executive of BSkyB, was heralded Media Achiever of the Year. Ball, who resigned this September, increased Sky Digital's subscribers to seven million and generated £3.19 billion in revenue since he was appointed in 1999.
Of the sales teams, Freeserve was awarded Broadcast Sales Team of the Year for a performance that saw sales up by 54 per cent and the company's annual revenue target hit by August. Emap Advertising Magazine won Best Print Sales Team of the Year, celebrating revenues up by 13 per cent and yield up by 6 per cent. For the second year running, Best Outdoor Sales Team went to JCDecaux, with an impressive record of innovation and sales success.
The chairman of the judges, Mark Cranmer, the Starcom MediaVest group chief executive, EMEA, commented: "There is much to celebrate in this year's winning work."
However, he cautioned against "becoming overexcited by balloons, whistles and bells" and lamented the "absence of TV case work". He added: "We really should try harder on the tougher, bigger issues."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency