Naked takes gold at Media Awards
By Robin Hicks, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 November 2003 12:00AM
Naked triumphed at last night's Campaign Media Awards, taking the Campaign of the Year accolade for its work on The Number 118 118.
The campaign, which won the gold award, has achieved almost double the awareness (82 per cent) of rival directory enquiries players such as BT and Conduit since its launch this August. The campaign involved hired actors, 118 logo vests being given away and street-based media to spread the word of the moustachioed runners. The campaign, with creative by WCRS, was also awarded Best Total Communications Programme.
Tony Ball, the former chief executive of BSkyB, was heralded Media Achiever of the Year. Ball, who resigned this September, increased Sky Digital's subscribers to seven million and generated £3.19 billion in revenue since he was appointed in 1999.
Of the sales teams, Freeserve was awarded Broadcast Sales Team of the Year for a performance that saw sales up by 54 per cent and the company's annual revenue target hit by August. Emap Advertising Magazine won Best Print Sales Team of the Year, celebrating revenues up by 13 per cent and yield up by 6 per cent. For the second year running, Best Outdoor Sales Team went to JCDecaux, with an impressive record of innovation and sales success.
The chairman of the judges, Mark Cranmer, the Starcom MediaVest group chief executive, EMEA, commented: "There is much to celebrate in this year's winning work."
However, he cautioned against "becoming overexcited by balloons, whistles and bells" and lamented the "absence of TV case work". He added: "We really should try harder on the tougher, bigger issues."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Art Director createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- DM Account / Senior Manager Â– Not for profit / Charity sector ADLIB £Dependent on experience , South West England / Gloucestershire
- Project and Operations Manager BIS Recruit up to £50,000 plus BUPA Share Options free beer breakfasts and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Business Forecaster / Modeller BIS Recruit up to £40,000 plus BUPA, Share Options, free beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on