CAMPAIGN MEDIA AWARDS 2003: The News Group Newspapers Award - Best Retail and Home Shopping Campaign
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 November 2003 12:00AM
WINNER Title: Launch and Rollout Media agency: BrandConnection Media director: Adam Clark Account manager: Sarah Hazlehurst Creative agency: Heresy Creative director: Shaun Mcilrath Account director: Emily Fox Account planner: Roger McKerr Client: Ocado Brand/product: Ocado Marketing director (head of customer acquisitions): Claire Harper
"The role of media has been absolutely critical in achieving our customer targets," Ocado's head of customer acquisition and PR, Claire Harper, said. The launch of Waitrose's grocery delivery service involved first assessing the potential of a delivery area. Working parents who spend £100 a week on groceries were identified then "hotspots" mapped of potential customers. Posters were bought in these areas supporting sampling, tube panels, door drops, local press and radio, posters and e-mails to interested consumers.
Title: WH Smith Education Books
Media agency: Starcom Motive
Media director: Will Phipps
Creative agency: Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
Creative director: Kate Howe
Client: WH Smith
Brand/product: Education Books
Marketing director: Nigel Leahy
Media/brand manager: Kelly Woodrow
WH Smith identified the top decks and backseats of buses as "teenage zones" - the most appropriate areas to reach groups of school children. A deal was brokered with Viacom allowing WH Smith to buy these specific sites and savings were made equivalent to four weeks of free media activity.
Sales of WH Smith's revision guides grew by 23 per cent year on year in the first week of the campaign and 21 per cent over the first four-week period.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films