Keevill and Kershaw to launch DM agency
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 December 2003 12:00AM
Phil Keevill and Simon Kershaw, the former Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel creative directors, are launching a direct marketing agency.
The pair has teamed up with Lisa Lee, a former Ogilvy & Mather director, to launch Keevill Lee Kershaw.
Positioned as a DM hotshop, the agency will open its doors next week.
Keevill and Kershaw will be creative directors of the new agency with Lee as the managing director.
The agency has no major retained clients, but the three directors will bring their current projects into the agency as they pitch for new business.
Since leaving Craik Jones, where they won awards for work on Land Rover, Boots No 7 and Bells Whisky, Keevill and Kershaw have been freelancing for direct and ad agencies including Grey London. Lee, a former creative director of Ogilvy Hong Kong and the managing director of Ogilvy Sydney, has most recently worked as a consultant for Y&R/Wunderman on global accounts including Philips and Citibank.
Lee said the agency will establish partnerships with advertising, media and data planning companies to complete its service. "We'd love to win awards, but we get as much, if not more, satisfaction from coming up with a big idea that builds a client's brand and its business," she said.
The agency founders believe there is room for a direct marketing start-up now that the likes of Archibald Ingall Stretton and Partners Andrews Aldridge are maturing.
Keevill said: "If we had a strapline, it would be 'The Northern Charm School'. Because we're from Lancashire and Yorkshire, we can't help being straight with clients."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films