Bartle Bogle Hegarty takes Agency of the Year prize
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 December 2003 08:30AM
LONDON - Bartle Bogle Hegarty is Campaign's Agency of the Year after combining an outstanding new-business performance with its usual creative excellence.
The agency won big international accounts including Bailey's, SCA Hygiene and Surf, while netting UK advertisers including Woolworths, Cancer Research, Bisto, Castlemaine XXXX and Robinsons.
Creative highpoints included its launch work for Lynx Pulse, its Audi "fish" spot and its Johnnie Walker cinema work. The agency's management stability and innovations in branded content and music publishing were also strong factors in its favour.
WCRS won Campaign of the Year for its "Got your number" work for 118 118. The creation of the quirky runners helped to establish 118 118 as the top directory enquiries provider for 37 per cent of the UK population.
Honda triumphed in the Advertiser of the Year category for setting clear objectives that led to excellent creative work, notably Wieden & Kennedy's "cog" execution and its follow-up for the Civic that compares the car's reliability to great examples of everyday design.
MindShare's clear and focused positioning, with creative thinking at the heart of what it does for clients including Nike and KitKat, helped it to win Media Agency of the Year in a difficult year for most of the major agencies.
Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel is Campaign's Direct Marketing Agency of the Year. Dare Digital is the New-Media Agency of the Year and Partizan is the Production Company of the Year.
Sky, which delivered its first profits in 2003, is Medium of the Year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - 12 month maternity cover contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Nottingham
- Web Analyst - 2 Positions. RS Components Market Rate., London, Corby or Oxford
- Assistant Brand Manager - FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £28000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Croydon
- Digital Designer role in Berkshire - 25-35k Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, Berkshire
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity